Rafiq Al-Darb Society
1-5 of 5
Rafiq Al-Darb Society was found in 2007 and registered with the Palestinian Authority on June 2008 under the No. 2008-BL-3257-C. As a non-profit organization. Since the registration a general assembly was found of around 70 members and election for the board took place on December 2008.
The society aims to enable person with disability in having a descent living and equitable opportunities in Bethlehem in particularly and Palestine at large.
To contribute to the local, national and international efforts aiming at descent standards of living and self-reliance for people with special needs through awareness raising, advocacy and networking with all institution and stakeholders striving for the same cause.
The society's goals:
- Enable person with disability and improve what they have from skills to enhance their participation in society and their integration in the fields of life.
- Develop and promote strategies and mechanism of defense and advocacy the rights of person with disability in all sectors.
- Activate the participation of persons with disability in the community and in all the activities and programs the society does.
- Promoting human rights and consolidate the awareness toward in the disability issues.
- Contribute to all needed efforts to apply lows that enable person with disability to attain their various rights as education and employment.
- Promote community awareness of the cases of persons with disability to enable them to face society and life.